Insect and animal bites
Bites can be dangerous!
- Animal bites can be dangerous!
- Avoid petting even apparently "tame" animals.
- Mosquitoes, flies, ticks and fleas are carriers of many diseases.
- Use a suitable insect repellent ideally containing DEET on exposed areas of skin.
- Avoid using scented soaps, creams or perfumes as these can attract mosquitoes and insects.
- Wear long trousers and long sleeved shirts to help prevent insect bites.
- Use impregnated mosquito nets in an endemic area.